The Women Offshore Foundation collaborated with KONGSBERG to provide sponsored training!
With an extensive portfolio of innovative and integrated products and solutions, Kongsberg Maritime is a world leader in marine technology. In 2019, the Women Offshore Foundation collaborated with Kongsberg Maritime to provide sponsored training at Kongsberg facilities, known as the Kongsberg Education Program.
Sponsored participants in the Kongsberg Education Program have not only utilized the classes to expand their knowledge of different systems, but they have also gained valuable troubleshooting skills. On board their vessels, they have stood apart from their colleagues thanks to their newly acquired skills and some participants have gained job promotions, crediting their Kongsberg classes for their success!
Now in 2021, the application is open and the following courses are available to members of the Women Offshore Community:
- DP Induction (Basic Operator, in person) Course: Fulfills the requirements for certification according to the ‘Induction’ training mandated by the Nautical Institute.
- DP Simulator (Advanced Operator, in person) Course: Fulfills the requirements for certification according to the ‘Simulator’ training mandated by the Nautical Institute.
- DP Revalidation Course (in person course): Intended for those who have already been issued a DPO certificate from The Nautical Institute, but are unable to revalidate their DPO certificate due to insufficient DP sea time. Fulfills the requirements for revalidation mandated by the Nautical Institute.
- KPOS DP Operator Intensive Training (remote course): DP Operators who need familiarization with the KONGSBERG K-POS 8 SW DP system.
- K-Chief 700 (Step 1, remote Course) Course: Covers the functions and operation of the vessel’s automation and monitoring systems.
- DP Introduction Course (in person course): Highlight key guidelines and documentation affecting the management and operation of DP vessels so that participants are able to support or manage safe and efficient DP vessel operations. This course now follows the recommendations contained in The International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) guidelines.
- DP Seatime Reduction Course (in person course): The participants will work with practical scenarios based on real operations, training on planning and executing specified operations under varying simulated conditions. The course will be logged into the Nautical Institute DP Operator’s log book and reduce the Watchkeeping Experience requirements by 30 days.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Desires professional development in support of career in offshore industry / Demonstrated ambition to pursue career in industry.
- Has a minimum of, or currently enrolled to obtain, a Bachelor’s Degree in a program supportive of a career in offshore, merchant, maritime, or oil & gas; OR has experience working at sea in the maritime or offshore energy industries.
- Minimum STCW requirements for applicable courses Nautical Institute DP scheme requires STCW II/1, 2, 3 Deck, III/1,2,3 Engine, or accepted Marine Vocational Qualification approved by NI.
- Desired course is not part of current employer training matrix.
- Must be able to attend the entire course for completion diploma/certificate.
- Has a visa to attend the course in the United States, if applicable.
- A $100 cancellation fee will be assessed for no shows (extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration).
Please note that all courses will be given in English or the native language of the country the classes are taught in. Only tuition will be provided, and travel, lodging, and other expenses occurred will not be paid for or covered in any way. A diploma/certificate will be issued upon successful completion of course requirements. Courses can be canceled if there are not any additional confirmed course participants two weeks out. Selected participants will be offered a seat in the next available course.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com. Click below to apply now. If you are not already a member, you will be prompted to sign in. The application will close on October 15, 2021.
The Women Offshore Foundation is an online organization and resource center for a diverse workforce on the water. Its mission is to propel women into meaningful careers through access to a worldwide community and professional development resources, while raising awareness amongst industry leaders and decision makers about issues affecting women on the water. Contact Women Offshore today: firstname.lastname@example.org.